Best Of Taste Off
Best Tropical Dessert in Utah
Our search for the best tropical dessert in Utah was perfectly timed to help us feel like we were on a trip somewhere warm and tropical, while we were in the middle of winter. This kit was made to make people feel like there was a little vacation tucked into every bite. Our vendors did a great job creating delicious tropical flavors in so many varied desserts, and this is what your taste off placemat should have looked like:
Tropical Taste Off Kit Vendors:
- Hey Twisted Sugar: Coconut & Lime Sugar Cookies
- Thai Curry Kitchen: Mango Sticky Rice
- So Baked: Colada Cupcakes w/ Coconut Lime frosting
- Caffe Torino: Mango Cronuts
- Clarks Malasadas: Guava Donuts
- La Jolla Groves: Coconut Mango Lemon Cake
In this taste off kit, our vendors definitely brought the best of the best desserts to compete with, but there can only be one winner. The vendor that will now proudly have the title of “Best Tropical Dessert in Utah” is…. Caffe Torino with their Mango Cronuts. Congratulations! Each cronut has a flaky croissant […]
Sweet Rolls Taste Off
History has shown that our sweet rolls taste off is always a crowd favorite. We always sell out quickly, and for good reason! Only the best sweet rolls from around Utah are added to our taste off, and they are all so delicious! Check out the HUGE sweet rolls from this kit all together on the included taste off placemat.
Our Sweet Rolls Taste Off Vendors:
- Mama Lakes Bakery: Zesty Orange Rolls
- Bun Loves: Maple Frosted Cinnamon Rolls
- Swirls Cinnamon Rolls: Lemon Raspberry Sweet Rolls
- Traditions Bakery & Cafe: Orange Cranberry Sweet Rolls
There’s a little of something in this taste off for everyone! All of the sweet rolls are packed with flavor making it incredibly hard to say which one is the best. As always, we asked that everyone rate each one from 1-5 based on taste, texture, and appearance, and then send us their votes. At the end of the taste off, we tally those votes to find who the true winner is. The winner of the title of Best Sweet Rolls […]
Utah Taste Off Best of 2020
It’s that time of year when we look back and see how far we have come. Did you know that we have put together 39 weeks of taste off kits this year? That’s a LOT of kits! We thought it would be fun to write a Utah Taste Off Best of 2020 post where we could recap our year and all of the taste off kits we have put together. This post is packed with every winner from 2020. If you’ve ever wondered where to find the best food in Utah, this is the post to read! Let’s start with our most recent kit and work our way back through the year!
Ruby Snap was voted for having the Best Ginger Desserts in Utah. Their cookies were described as “Christmas in my mouth” by several participants, and we have to agree!
When it came to chocolate desserts, Nothing […]
We had a really great response from our Chocolate Desserts taste off kit. What’s not to love about a box full of chocolatey goodness?! Our vendors really outdid themselves, and we are so glad that we didn’t have to be the ones to choose the winner. Just check out this lineup!
- Nothing Bundt Cakes– Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Dunford Bakers– Double Chocolate Donut
- Have Taste– Artisan Brownies with Homemade Honeycomb
- Crumbl Cookies– Hot Chocolate Cookies
- The Pie Tin Bakery– Chocolate Silk Pie
We love it when there is so much variety in our taste off kits, and this one definitely had that! There were so many yummy treats to try and they all deserved to be included in the taste off. In the end, the one that won the title for having the best chocolate desserts in Utah is…..Nothing Bundt Cakes! Their chocolate bundt cake was so dang good! The […]
Christmas Desserts Taste Off
Our Christmas Desserts taste off kit was such a good one! Our vendors pulled out all of the stops and we were able to include so many yummy treats! We were pleasantly surprised with all of the peppermint treats that were included in this kit. Just check out this placemat lineup.
- Chip Cookies: Peppermint Sugar Chip Cookie
- Sweet Tooth Fairy: Cookies for Santa Cupcake (Chocolate Chip Cupcake with an Oreo base and Cookie Dough Frosting
- Schmidts Pastry Cottage: Peppermint Brownie
- Biscotts Bakery & Cafe: Dark Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- Ruby Snap: Sour Cream Chocolate Cookie with Peppermint Frosting
- Great Harvest: Cranberry Orange Bread
There was one treat that stood out above the rest and won the hearts of everyone that participated in this taste off. The winner of our Christmas Desserts taste off is….Sweet Tooth Fairy! The Sweet Tooth Fairy is a master […]
Best Ginger Desserts in Utah
Doing a taste off with some of the best ginger desserts in Utah was absolutely necessary for us to do during Christmas time. Ginger or Molasses desserts at Christmas is like pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving- You just have to do it! You better believe that we packed our ginger desserts kit with delicious treats. If you participated in this week’s taste off, this is what your placemat should have looked like.
- Renees Cheesecake– Gingerbread Swirl Cheesecake
- The MIghty Baker– Old Fashioned Molasses Cookies
- Baking Hive– Gingerbread Blondies
- Parsons Bakery– Gingerbread Cookies with icing and sugar sprinkles
- BrowniesX3– Ginger Brownies
- Ruby Snap– Ginger Molasses Cookies rolled in turbinado sugar
The votes showed that there were a lot of favorites in this kit, but there was definitely one that stood out from the rest. The dessert that was described as “Christmas in my mouth” and was voted the best ginger dessert in Utah is…..Ruby […]
Hand Pie Taste Off
Right before we celebrated Thanksgiving this year, we decided we needed to do a hand pie taste off to find the best hand pies in Utah. We were able to include so many new and delicious pie flavors in the hand pie taste off kits that we think should be added to your Thanksgiving menus next year. They were seriously that good! Check these out!
- Grapefruit & Thyme: Creme Brûlée Sugar Pie with Fresh Cinnamon
- Pie Party: Harvest Peaches and Cream
- Buttered Bake Shop: Fresh Strawberry with Vanilla Icing and Sprinkles
- Rowleys Red Barn: Tart Cherry with a Cinnamon Sugar Crust
- Carols Pastry Shop: Homestyle Apple
- Rewhipped: Wild Blueberry with a Sweet Glaze
All of the pies were so perfectly baked, and the fillings were such a delight! There is only one that can be considered the best, though, and that winner is…..Grapefruit and Thyme with their Creme Brûlée hand pie! From the […]
Survey: Best Rolls in Utah
Over on our Instagram page, we recently asked for suggestions of what our followers considered to be the best rolls in Utah, and boy, do they know their stuff! With Christmas coming up, we know someone is going to need to bring the rolls to family dinner, and we are making it super easy for you to be that person. Follow this list and you’ll be sure to win everyone over with your delicious rolls. We will start things off with our highest voted rolls and then go from there.